Sustaining Boulder’s Economic Vitality
About the Boulder Economic Council, its Efforts & Services
The Boulder Economic Council (BEC), the economic development arm of the Boulder Chamber, is a private, nonprofit leadership group of prominent business and community executives dedicated to Boulder’s economic prosperity.
The BEC’s priorities are to support existing businesses in Boulder’s key industries and to advocate for a business environment that continues to nurture primary employers and industries. BEC programs are focused on:
- Retention and expansion of Boulder businesses who serve national and international markets and produce new capital fueling our local economy
- Partnering with business and industry associations representing the interests of key Boulder industries such as aerospace, biosciences, cleantech, IT/Software, natural products, and outdoor recreation
- Supporting organizations who assist startup companies and entrepreneurs
- Publishing demographic and economic research and producing community events highlighting trends and new developments in the local and regional economy
- Facilitating relocation of new companies considering doing business in Boulder
Sustain Boulder’s economic vitality through direct support of primary businesses and collaboration with business, industry and community partners.
- Primary business retention, formation & relocation
- Collaboration & partnerships
- Economic research & analysis
Check out membership information on how to join this leadership group.