Public & Private Business Connections
In this section…
Business partnership resources and support for Boulder businesses are available through a number of public and private organizations, including those listed below.
- Direct business support through marketing efforts, business-to-business connections, member savings, educational opportunities and events
- Services and resources to help businesses grow and gain exposure in the community
- Advocates for an improved business environment within Boulder and Colorado
- Economic vitality programs, including the Boulder Economic Council and Innovation Blueprint 3.0
Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Get help planning an event or meeting in Boulder
- Lists of local hotels and restaurants for you or visiting clients and business partners
- Find out what’s happening this week for entertainment in Boulder
Boulder Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Training and workshops
- Counseling on marketing and growth issues, financing, etc.
- Access to business resources and financing
Downtown Boulder, Inc.
- Preservation and enhancement of Downtown Boulder as the heart of the greater Boulder community
- Supports vitality of Downtown Boulder through public advocacy, political involvement and community events
- Offers Downtown Boulder businesses marketing and connection opportunities
University of Colorado at Boulder
- College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Leeds School of Business
- Business Research Division
- Deming Center for Entrepreneurship
- Office of Industry Collaboration
- Serves as a portal to CU-Boulder industry opportunities in workforce recruitment and training, product development and University engagement
- Helps businesses generate new products and new technologies using CU- Boulder resources
- Connects companies to the right people within CU-Boulder
- University of Colorado School of Law
Economic Development Partners
Boulder Economic Council
- Economic development arm of the Boulder Chamber
- Existing Boulder business support services
- Start-up/early stage business assistance
- New business relocation support
- Economic development and industry collaboration
- Demographic and economic research
- Targeted events, including Economic Forecast and Economic Summit
City of Boulder Economic Vitality Program
- Development and redevelopment assistance
- Business retention and expansion
- Business incentive programs
- General business assistance
Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- Works with statewide partners to create a positive business climate that encourages economic development and sustainable job growth
- Retain, grow and recruit companies to Colorado
- Increases access to capital
- Creates and markets a stronger Colorado brand
- Offers workforce training programs
- Manages State of Colorado funding and incentive programs
Front Range Community College
- Customized employee training
- Manufacturing training
- Small business development
Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Partnership of Metro Denver area municipalities and economic development groups
- Helps site selectors and companies with location, expansion, and market decisions
- Develops regional marketing and data programs
- Promotes regional initiatives to expand the regional economy
- Hosts three industry-focused affiliates: the Colorado Energy Coalition, the Colorado Space Coalition, and the Metro Denver Aviation Coalition
Business & Industry Association Partners
- 36 Commuting Solutions is a non-profit membership organization whose mission is to enhance the mobility of commuters along the US 36 corridor.
- Boulder Area Realtor Association is the industry association for realtors in the Boulder area and offers information on member realtors in the area.
- Boulder Transportation Connections (BTC) promotes transportation choices that are efficient and sustainable and enhance the Boulder community as a great place to live, work and play.
- Downtown Boulder, Inc. helps preserve and enhance downtown Boulder through public advocacy, political involvement, and community events.
- CO-LABS is a consortium of federally funded scientific laboratories, universities, businesses, local governments, and community leaders organized to establish Colorado as a global leader in research, technology, and their commercialization
- Colorado BioScience Association is the bioscience industry association for Colorado, shaping the policies and developing the programs to help Colorado's bioscience and medical device companies grow and prosper.
- Colorado Cleantech Industry Association (CCIA) is a statewide organization dedicated to promoting Colorado’s cleantech industry.
- Colorado Photonics Industry Association (CPIA) is an organization of industrial, educational, and governmental entities involved in research, development, and/or the sale of products or services that involve photonics technologies.
- Colorado Space Business Roundtable is a volunteer, non-profit organization bringing together Colorado’s top thought leaders in aerospace, space, military, government and academic organizations.
- Colorado Space Coalition (CSC) is a group of industry stakeholders working to make Colorado a center of excellence for aerospace.
- Colorado Technology Association (CTA) is the state’s largest technology organization providing a community for the industry through programs, workshops and major events, connecting people and information.
- Commercial Brokers of Boulder is Boulder County's largest association of commercial real estate professionals and affiliates.
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based organization that spans the seven-county metro region and advocates for both small and large businesses at the local, state and federal levels.
- eSpace: the Center for Space Entrepreneurship is a unique collaboration of industry, government, and academia accelerating the creation and development of entrepreneurial space companies and a diverse workforce to support them.
- Manufacturer’s Edge is a statewide manufacturing assistance center dedicated to increasing the competitiveness of Colorado manufacturers. Formerly Colorado Association of Manufacturing and Technology (CAMT).
- Naturally Boulder is a non-profit organization that aims to enhance the natural products industry in Boulder through networking opportunities and educational seminars. These events bring together industry pioneers, entrepreneurs, and those who are looking to enter the industry.
- Outdoor Industry Association is the leading trade association and voice of the outdoor recreation industry, serving manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives and retailers in the active outdoor lifestyle. The association is located in Boulder.
Boulder has numerous accounting firms doing business in boulder, including the following Boulder Economic Council members:
Business Law Firms
Boulder has many law firms working within the city, including the following Boulder Economic Council members:
For information on these professional services partners, please see the Commercial Space Page:
Commercial Lenders and other Financial Service Providers
For information on these professional services partners, please see the Financing Page: