The 2024 Sector Partnership Has Begun!
On Tuesday, January 30, the Boulder Area Food, Beverage, and Hospitality Sector Partnership convened at the Passenger Restaurant (formerly Roots) in Longmont, CO. The partnership would like to thank Ray MacCrindle, Vipul Seth, and Lisa Dudley for helping coordinate the meeting and lending their impressive space.
About The Passenger Restaurant and Italic Catering
The Passenger invites guests to immerse themselves in a global tapas concept that brings the world’s flavors to the table. Their menu showcases a delightful array of small plates inspired by diverse cuisines, allowing you to savor the essence of different cultures in each bite. Upstairs, the Dickens Opera House serves as a venue for public events, weddings, and more. You can learn more about The Passenger and upcoming events at Dickens Opera House here — https://www.thepassenger.restaurant/
The meeting consisted of updates from:
- Phillip Inzerillo, Community Investor and Relations Specialist
Longmont Economic Development Project
- Stacy Griest, Programs Director
Colorado Restaurant Foundation
In addition to the above guests, industry partners were asked to review the strategic priorities of the current partnership. In their reevaluation of strategic priorities, industry partners engaged in conversation surrounding talent development, recruitment and retention, public policy, and marketing support.
New, Potential Focal Points for 2024
- The partnership maintained a strong focus on public policy as it relates to gaining insight on minimum wage, walkability and business access, and giving industry a platform to voice their concerns and ideas.
- The lack of nearby, affordable housing for workers continues to affect talent development and employee recruitment specifically for small businesses.
- Partners discussed the need for continuing innovation and creativity in their marketing to compete regionally, while balancing the cultivation of a strong presence in the local community. Many mentioned the importance of knowledge sharing within industry.